Thursday 6 February 2014

Motivated


I am writing this post with a buzz and positivity about my work and future that I haven't felt for quite a while. 

I have spent the last day or two researching a number of exciting pathways which I would love to take my business down hopefully this year. 

Firstly I am planning on having prints made of some of my recent commissions (I have now received permission to use these images from my clients). I would like to build up a portfolio of prints this year although I'm not sure where I will find the time as I'm fully booked until August with commissions. 

Secondly, if you didn't already know I am coming up to living and working in Yorkshire for almost twelve months now and I still have no recognition around here. No one knows I exist locally, all of my business is through online communication and I am craving that community feel for my business. I want to start attending art and craft fairs to try and build up a reputation for myself here in East Yorkshire. I have also been looking into dog shows, agricultural shows and country fairs for the summer. 

So 2014 is an exciting year for my work and me and I plan to share it all with you. Starting with a new commission I have started this morning, it is a double dog portrait measuring 10x12". Say hello to Spike!


1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this! I haven't seen a lot of pet portrait artist upload work-in-progress pictures of their portraits! =D

    /Nabil - SketchGrowl

    ReplyDelete